Lamps > Videos

How to kill HPS lamp

<< < (2/3) > >>

Medved:
Then i guess you will not succeed to kill the lamp, at least not instantly... :-D

Vince:
Welcome on GoL elektro666tech  :) I'm one of those who improved their english by talking on forums, so go ahead, you speak english very well already, actually better than me when I came on another lighting forum in 2007! LOL

I hope you use burnt out HPS lamps  ;D It could be a funny way to have fun with burnt out lamps for a last time LOL. That is the kind of experiments I like to do in my free times.

elektro666tech:
Of course, that it was burned out HPS lamp :)
The Arc Tube firstly leaked, and then exploded, I have photos of the arc tube, so I can post them here :)

@A_lights, you need more power :D Just give that HPS more power, and it will die :D I overpowered my HPS very much, ballast which are used to this experiment has summary power about 1,2 kiloWatts, and this power is enough to kill HPS very fast ;D

--- Quote from: GullWhiz on January 31, 2010, 09:22:15 PM ---Hey welcome to GoL page! Your English is alright, in fact I know some members here who improved their English simply being in page with people who speaks English! No problem!

And I saw the video, wow! Great job on that! Did the arc tube explode or leak as I saw a blackening come on to the side very quickly.....

I could tell it was flashing 50 hz...am I right?

--- End quote ---

GullWhis, the lamp didn't flashing 50Hz, it lights continunously before it die, this flashing on the video is caused by camera.

gailgrove:
Wow I`ve never seen a HPS leak before, its cool  ;)

elektro666tech:
Now something more drastically.
Old, burned out HPS lamps killed on 1000W, 16A ballast ;D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hTNDAiquCM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBBbdJXvi8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NnKJ3fVtCo

Enjoy ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version