Lamps > Modern

Sad news - The LED streetlight madness is going to infect Quebec

(1/3) > >>

Vince:
Yup. My dad told me today that the utility here is going to replace all HPS streetlights by LEDs!  :'( The sad news is that I will have to deal with this dim and glaring light too, but the good news is that I will possibly have tons of streetlights with this conversion!!  ;D

Oh well, a blessing in disguise!

Other thing, I will maybe have a few LED units (like defective ones) to experiment with!

Jace the Gull:
Well think of this as this honestly always happened for years....

from Carbon to incandescent

From incandescent to MV

From MV to HPS....

mercuryvaporrocks:
It's been happening in my old city too,

MV-HPS

HPS-MH

HPS-LED

They just can't be content with anything they have, "oh we want HPS, oh now we want LED". It drives me crazy sometimes. ::)

gailgrove:
NOOOOOOO  >:( :( :o ::) :P :-[ :'( Why did they have to do that, WHY? You should try to stop them maybe a petition or talk to the local counsels, explain HPS is more efficient then LED and LEDs are known to fail tell them its a huge waste to throw away working lights. I have talked to the local street light company here and they hate LED and Induction. But if all else fails you can get alot of old lights like B2255.

joe_347V:
That's pretty bad Vince if they do decide to switch to LEDs but you can try to see if you can save some of those old lights like how gailgrove suggested, maybe even that OV14B. 

@Gailgrove did you ask your utility company when did they changeover from MV and when HPS started to appear?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version