The Site > Your Opinion

Lack of Involvement on the Site

(1/1)

Mike:
Hey Guys, I've just been noticing some inactivity on the site recently and part of that is because people are just busy but also, i think it's due to lack of interest.

Lack of interest might be from a number of things but a big reason (at least I believe) is lack of admin involvement. I just want to be clear that I'm NOT bad-mouthing any admins and I'm not trying to brew up a "storm" or anything. For instance, remember the "design your own cobrahead" contest we had? Why not do more stuff like that to try and get everybody involved?

Alos, the site is going on five years old. I was thinking maybe a new banner at the top of the page? Possibly a "Design your own GoL Banner" contest? And the admins will pick the top five or somehting and then there will be a poll on the forum where members can choose from the five or whatever that the admins have chosen? and maybe update the site albums with new icons?

I believe that if we do a little bit of changes to the site, just basic minimal changes like the banner and site gallery icons, and we get more admin involvement then there will be a respark of interest in the site. We want the GoL to be welcoming and encouraging to all. I'm sure most member here couldn't name every admin without looking here. I'm not saying that the admins have to be on the site more often, as we all have lives and can't spend exorbitant amounts of time on the site.

Maybe have elections for new admins every two years or something or more contests. Just something to keep GoL appealing to new and existing members.

just thought i'd share my two cents. ;)

Mike

joe_347V:
Hey Mike, yeah I noticed that with the site too. As for me I'm busy with school most of the time but I still try to go on at least once every week or couple of days to comment on new pics.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing regarding the admins myself too. I guess more competitions like that would be a good idea for the site so if you think of anything feel free to tell me.

I agree with designing a new banner and changing the gallery icons too. Another thing I would like to try is getting a new colour scheme on here. Since the site had the same scheme since 2009. I think we should make a new scheme to freshen things up a bit.

rjluna2:
There should be room of improvement on this site.  For example, when I view the comment section and wanted to click on one comment to view in details.  But it shows another picture comes up due to updated information to the server and not at my browser.  I hope someone with the code can resolve this problem.

Another improvement that it can be use < previous | next > for pages flipping like the Lighting Gallery site and et. al.

Yeah, I have pretty much busy with school and not wanted to upload too many pictures except for the Internet Movie Light Bulb Database as well due to hosting site's complaint on loading too many files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version