The Site > Your Opinion

Suggestions to Reduce Space and For the Site

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mike:
I think we could get rid of the "Lights, Camera, Action!" album on the main page (and the pics in it) since there doesn't seem to be any trend going on with it and many of the pics are grainy and don't focus on the light anyways.

I agree that people who use the site often should chip in and pay maybe a dollar a month (or 12 annually). I'd love to help out but right now it's difficult since i don't have my own means of paying online but in a few years i should be able to.

GEsoftwhite100watts:
How about getting rid of the "American Streetlights" and "European Streetlights" categories and replacing that with "Streetlights'?

Vince:
I would suggest deleting the pics with little value first (in terms of comments or general knowledge). Pics with dates of manufacture, etches or lighting products are worth keeping since they provide information.

I wouldn't mind ads as long as it's not those annoying pop-ups. Even GIFs and flash ads don't bother me.

How about creating a forum section or sub-section for our external galleries? There would be one thread per user. If you guys like the idea I'll make it! :D Since all pics are remote-hosted they won't use our server space.

As of deleting accounts, first I don't think it would create much space. Secondly I would only delete accounts with no posts, no pics and no activity (i.e. no logins) for over a year, and after a warning through PM, and eventually by the account's email address.

joe_347V:
@Mike, yeah the "Lights, Camera, Action!" gallery isn't really popular and active (only one member regularly uses it) and like you said the pics are all mostly just grainy movie stills that don't really focus on the light so I think it would be fair to get rid of it. After all, the site mostly focuses on lighting...

I also agree with chipping in one or two bucks a month if you use this site often, and I'm willing to pay since I'm usually on at least once per day. Hopefully with more money we could change to a more reliable host with more space.

@Andy, I personally would like to keep it separate since it lets the user filter the pics more easily.

@Vince, I mostly deleted pics with low/no comments and common pics of streetlights. Some other pics were deleted too but they found new homes on my dropbox which is linked on a related pic. I don't mind static ads but gif and flash ads are sorta distracting. I don't like the flash ads that have sound though.

I think creating a forum (until the gallery is fixed) where we could start threads with our latest pics and scores would be a good idea...In fact I think I'll make a subforum in the general discussion section where we could post links to pics.

rjluna2:

--- Quote from: Mike on June 16, 2013, 08:59:59 AM ---I think we could get rid of the "Lights, Camera, Action!" album on the main page (and the pics in it) since there doesn't seem to be any trend going on with it and many of the pics are grainy and don't focus on the light anyways.
--- End quote ---

Hi Mike.  Here is my problem I have been using the "Lights, Camera, Action!" folder for posting lighting related in the movie/TV shows and I have frequently link them at the Internet Movie Car Database to here.  I'll take a look to see if there is an option to move the folder to another folder before deleting this what you call useless folder :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version