The Site > Your Opinion

Suggestions to Reduce Space and For the Site

<< < (3/3)

rjluna2:

--- Quote from: joe_347V on June 17, 2013, 12:28:10 AM ---I think creating a forum (until the gallery is fixed) where we could start threads with our latest pics and scores would be a good idea...In fact I think I'll make a subforum in the general discussion section where we could post links to pics.
--- End quote ---

That's sounds like a good idea.  Until we resolve the file limit issues, we can use the forum here to post picture by using outside picture hosting site and link it here with the additional prearranged light information save as .txt file.  Reuse the .txt file, but copy/paste it at the forum here.

Any further idea are always welcome here :D

joe_347V:
Why not just upload them to your so called "Internet Movie Car Database" or a Photobucket? I don't think others will appreciate you trying to circumvent the rules by moving the pics to another album and keeping them on here... 

The "Lights, Camera, Action!" album is pretty unpopular and wastes space (in terms of file count) for several reasons. 
1. It's filled with screenshots that don't really feature lighting as the main point
2. The most popular pic in there got only 12 comments and 55 views and most pics in there have no comments or only one of two comments.
3. The pictures in there are mostly low res stills that are sometimes blurry.
4. I'm not quite sure of your linking these pic to another site, it uses up our space and bandwidth (which is limited) so people at some other can see the pics. Why not ask the admin there if they could start a section for lighting in movies and upload them there?

rjluna2:
Hi Joe,

It is the existing link association that I may have to deal with.  These link I have it associate to these movies/TV shows that I use.  I even used the thumbnails for these shows that I have it link it here.  For example:

Matlock: "The Seduction" (1.05) where I linked the thumbnail picture to here.
Matlock: "Santa Claus" (1.12) where I linked the album page to here.
Here is the archive page that I cannot edit here: Archived comments - Page 1/3 of Emergency!.
1970 Chevrolet Suburban [C-10] in Emergency!, TV Series, 1972-1978 with the picture thumbnail.

And so on...

I could make some change at the site for the Light Gallery website if I can move those files there.
I could also delete some of the pictures for the album, but the album remains here.  Somehow, I'll try to make it work when I can find time :P

joe_347V:
Here's what I would do:

1. Transfer all unlinked pictures to your Photobucket as well as upload any future similar pictures there.
2. Edit the links in the posts that you can edit and transfer those pics over to your Photobucket too.
3. If you can get a hold of a mod on admin on the other site and ask them to edit your links so you could transfer those pics too.

Try to at least delete some pics as I think all of us have been deleting old and unpopular pics to free up file slots.

rjluna2:
Hi Joe,

I really wanted to hear what the other administrator has to say and their thought if we can find a better host or not.  Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version