Lanterns/Fixtures > Traffic Lights

Any Incandescent Signals Left?

(1/4) > >>

joe_347V:
So, with the advent of LED how many signals in your area are still incandescent. For mine I know of three or so intersections in Vaughan that are still mostly incandescent, and until recently there was a pedestrian crossing in Toronto that was still incandescent.

Aside from this, I know most signals installed in Toronto before '09 or so still have incandescent yellow lights.

Mike:
There are a number of incandescent signals in the urban areas of RI such as Providence and East Providence. Most in Pawtucket are LED and all in Cranston are LED.

Jace the Gull:
We still have some incandescents.... I will say about 1/3 of allllllll traffic light signals in MD are still incandescents and they do still get relamped too! It seems mostly its city or county or even electrical company ones are incandescents

The most recent newly incandescent was in 2008, but recently retrofitted to LED though

Mike:
Here once the lamp dies, it's LED time except for the ones in bad sections where it's faster and safer to just relamp it.

Jace the Gull:

--- Quote from: streetlight98 on July 11, 2012, 03:47:37 PM ---Here once the lamp dies, it's LED time except for the ones in bad sections where it's faster and safer to just relamp it.

--- End quote ---

relamp and RUN.. eh? ..but any chance those could be actually city owned???

In MD not all intersections are actually state owned....some are actually city owned or county owned and  more of those tend to stay incandescent.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version