The Site > General discussion

Examples on Traffic light setups and arrangements in different places

(1/3) > >>

Jace the Gull:
I would like to see pictures of the WHOLE traffic light setups of your areas......

What I notice is each areas (states, Countries...etc.) have different kind of restrictions or rules or standard of traffic lights....for example in MD you would find "left turn only" signs on the traffic light mast itself...and in MD you find doghouse style traffic lights while in Illinois they are NON-Existing...instead they are TALL 5 light traffic light.....

So it would be cool if you guys can post some pictures like Ian's picture here

Thanks I am looking forward to them!

SeanB~1:
Most here are generally boring old generic no name lamps, aside from one old set I saw this week, still 1970's style low voltage halogen lights, noticeable from the slow warm up and cooling as they were flashing they were faulty. In Maydon Wharf outside the Sugar Terminal, bit difficult to photograph due to HGV traffic there.

rjluna2:
Oh, yeah.  Maybe I should do that at my area.

When I was living in Illinois, looking at the intersection, there is one pole at far right corner with hanging light above the street and pole light.  Another pole at the far left corner is pole light.  And finally, at the near left another pole light.

Some smaller traffic volume will only have corner pole lights, same pattern as above.

Some area still have four pole at each corners with wires hanging were something like older/temporary hanging lights.

After I moved down to Georgia, I found the light are always at the hanging wires lights.  At most major intersection will have hanging light pole, but same lighting arrangement.

The traffic light arragement are each lights for each lanes.

A couple of years after I moved down I had little trouble orienting where the lights are, but I got used to it.  I muttered myself with these Georgian have their light arrangement, nothing to diverge from different position.  The I realized that there are hilly intersection where the other side of the intersection that we can't see from when we stop at the intersection  :-\

Medved:
I guess all traffic lights from hometown of each of us seems to be boring - as each of us is used to see them daily. But for others, from the other side of the globe, the same setup might be highly interesting...

gailgrove:
I will try to do that tomorrow (I know I posted that small picture) but I will get a total one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version