Lanterns/Fixtures > Traffic Lights

Any Incandescent Signals Left?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mike:
They could be incandescent but since Rhode Island is so small RIDOT might own them all. Just like how NGrid owns a good portion of freeway lights, which are usually owned and maintained by the DOT. There are still a number of incandescent ped signals in southeastern MA, but their traffic signals have been LED as long as I've been around. Some yellow lights around here are still incandescent but when they die it's LED time.

I see some really small controllers in Providence and East Providence (electro-mechanical??) but lately downtown Providence has been getting all of the signals, poles, and equipment replaced. Now the downtown areas are mainly black LED siemens signals with fancy cast poles and black mast arms. RIDOT owns the MH acorns in downtown Providence but any cobraheads are owned by NGrid and are on satin aluminum poles (or wooden, though all of downtown providence is pretty much underground when it comes to distribution.

joe_347V:
Ah interesting, I know of some more incandescent signals scattered around the Halton Region area and a few in Guelph. I think Ottawa and Windsor still has a good number of incandescent signals left though. Oh, and parts of Trenton and Belleville still use incandescent signals too. Here's a shot of some of the last incandescent signals in my area:

Most signals here are either owned by the city or the county. The MTO usually only owns the signals on offramps and on provincial highways. Some of the signals in Toronto are pretty old (like Eagle Flatback, Crouse Hinds Type M, 60s era CGEs) but they have all been retrofitted to LED.   

mercuryvaporrocks:
There's still many incandescent traffic signals in my town.

zenith:
I still see incandescent lights around here, mostly on less-busy roads.

joe_347V:
A little update to this thread, the signals is the picture I posted have since been retrofitted to LED. I did manage to find a lone incandescent signal in Toronto that was a missout though.

Oakville still has a small amount of incandescent signals left too. I also managed to find another a GE Type F controller box in Toronto but it looks like it's been purposed and the guts are gone. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version