Lamps > Vintage

HELP ON PREHEAT FLUORESCENT!!!

(1/5) > >>

Mike:
Hello,
how do you wire a F15T12 preheat ballast assembly? The GE ballast instuructions said to refer to the wire diagram on the ballast, but there isn't one. The ballast is brand new, just bought it at HD for 7 bucks. I have a lamp and starter as well as sockets for it. How do I wire it? All fluorescents i have delt with has a nuetral line going into the ballast. This one only has two black wires.

Jace the Gull:
It doesn't matter which way it goes....both ends are the same....one black wire goes to hot, the other black wire goes to one of the fluorescent pins.

This is a 1 lamp ballast right? The wire diagram should be ON the ballast....

Let me draw one for you

Mike:
Yep one lamp ballast. One lead is shorter than the other. Both are black lines. No diagram at all. Just says what kind of lamps it can run. How do i wire in the starter? Where does the nuetral go?

Jace the Gull:

Here you go. This simple ;-)

Yep I made this pic....you can see the pathway...of how wire goes...from ballast, to one cathode, to starter to 2nd cathode then back to neutral! The starter only is used during startup...but after start up the tube is only connected to the ballast and neutral while the starter is shut off.

Mike:
Thanks Jace. I was wiring it wrong. :-[ I put the starter between the lamp and ballast. Ok. I know how to do it now. Thanks again. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version