Lanterns/Fixtures > News about Lanterns/Fixtures

Melted polycarbonate

(1/1)

Mike:
I had my m400 on stupidly with an m250r2 poly lens and melted the lens and my couch cushin :o :'( :'( Now i have to pay for a new cushon. Just wait 'til my dad comes home. :(

Jace the Gull:
Man sorry to hear that!!! Accidents happens.....but how did you get the M-250R2 to fit on the M400???

But I kinda thought the GE squarish lens was actually an acrylic plastic because they break more easily and is thinner and rarely yellows....

Mike:

--- Quote from: GullWhiz on December 27, 2010, 09:11:54 PM ---Man sorry to hear that!!! Accidents happens.....but how did you get the M-250R2 to fit on the M400???

But I kinda thought the GE squarish lens was actually an acrylic plastic because they break more easily and is thinner and rarely yellows....

--- End quote ---

Well, the lens wasn't on the m400, so the m400 is perfectly OK. I had the socket from the M400 laying inside the lens because I was working the socket. I went upstairs for luch, came back down and plugged it in, forgeting that the poly lens was in contact with the lamp. Soon after I was done checking my email, I smelled a burning plastic scent. Then i remembered about my M400 being on. Then I think about the lens and start going CRAZY! BTW, the poly lens was made by Formed Plastics, I just foungd the lens with an M-250R2 door on the ground. The lens never yellowed, though it got fogged up. The m250 lens actually DOES fit the m400 if you put it on sideways. I got melted plastic all over my 400w mercury lamp. It was only Plusrite though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version