Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/disaster/public_html/sanriovillage.com/galleryoflights/mb/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
THe Off Topic, Topic!!!!
HOME      GALLERY      HELP      SEARCH FORUM      LOGIN      REGISTER     
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 04:25:48 PM

+  Gallery of Lights
|-+  Unrelated Stuff
| |-+  Forum Games
| | |-+  THe Off Topic, Topic!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] Print
Author Topic: THe Off Topic, Topic!!!!  (Read 273170 times)
xmaslightguy

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: June 23, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »

Quote ZarlogH46:
has anyone else noticed how LG's off topic section is a lot more active than the rest of the site?

I see nothing wrong with the off-topic section on LG being active like that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:25:52 PM by xmaslightguy » Report to moderator   Logged

Favorite fluorescent .. the F40T12 (especially love the colored ones like: Red Gold Green Blue Gro-Lux etc )
joe_347V
Administrator
Professional lighting engineer

Dat LPS...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2851 on: June 24, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »

Yeah I don't really see a problem with it either. Could ask to admins to allow members that hate OT posts to hide that category in last posts.
Report to moderator   Logged

Brought to you by 347V Electric Ltd.

Tired of orange lights? Our all new Ceram-Arc Ceramic Metal Halide lamps are the solution. They even use up to a 1/3 less energy than our Orange 40™ lamps and the competing Seagull Vapour lamps.

Warning: Do not fold, spindle, and/or mutilate post(s).
GEsoftwhite100watts
Lighting enthusiast

Old florescents forever!

View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 27, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »

Shoot, I haven't been on here in a LONG time!

Lighting, vintage electrical, tube radios, old stereos, wooden boats, excavators, glass insulators, and many others.
Mike
Professional lighting engineer

This Image Brought to You by: McCann Lighting Co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2853 on: June 30, 2018, 04:27:22 PM »

@ Zarlog: The off-topic pictures are more of an issue than off topic posts. Pictures take up a lot of site space compared to forum posts. Not saying I have any issues with the off topic gallery section (I use it to share some electrical things I do at work that aren't lighting related) but if you were concerned about site space, that would be the first thing I'd get rid of.

BTW, before anyone on LG sees it, Here's a dirt cheap 250W HPS M-250R2 on ebay $20.20 for shipping. I'd totally buy one but I have one NOS exactly like this and a used/restored 250W 120V one so I'm good. Still very tempting though. I kind of want to toss a low-ball offer of like $20 and see if the seller bites. Getting it for $40 shipped would be quite a deal even though I don't need it lol.

ZarlogH46

View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 01, 2018, 09:59:05 AM »

@ Zarlog: The off-topic pictures are more of an issue than off topic posts. Pictures take up a lot of site space compared to forum posts. Not saying I have any issues with the off topic gallery section (I use it to share some electrical things I do at work that aren't lighting related) but if you were concerned about site space, that would be the first thing I'd get rid of.

BTW, before anyone on LG sees it, Here's a dirt cheap 250W HPS M-250R2 on ebay $20.20 for shipping. I'd totally buy one but I have one NOS exactly like this and a used/restored 250W 120V one so I'm good. Still very tempting though. I kind of want to toss a low-ball offer of like $20 and see if the seller bites. Getting it for $40 shipped would be quite a deal even though I don't need it lol.
I'm going to keep an eye on that, even though shipping for me is $45.
lightingfan8902

My favorite lamp. High Pressure Sodium.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2855 on: July 03, 2018, 08:17:12 PM »

Guess what guys, I graduated from Penn Foster online school!  Grin

HPS lamps are my favorite! High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium
GEsoftwhite100watts
Lighting enthusiast

Old florescents forever!

View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:57 AM »

Well, I guess I haven't posted here in awhile!  At least we appear to be having more/younger members coming in, at least judging by this thread. 

I've been kinda inactive on here as of late.  LG usually gets more visitors so I generally post most of my stuff on there anyway...

Since the last time I was really active on here often, I have: 

-Moved off to college and back multiple times
-Earned an associate's degree thereof
-Declared a psychology major
-Continued my drivers ed
-Held other jobs
-Had a potential writing career come up
-Had a potential diesel/heavy-truck-mechanic career come up
-And another hobby of mine, army trucks, has all but completely changed my life. 

Lighting, vintage electrical, tube radios, old stereos, wooden boats, excavators, glass insulators, and many others.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length