HOME      GALLERY      HELP      SEARCH FORUM      LOGIN      REGISTER     
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2017, 04:36:55 PM

+  Gallery of Lights
|-+  Unrelated Stuff
| |-+  Forum Games
| | |-+  THe Off Topic, Topic!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] Print
Author Topic: THe Off Topic, Topic!!!!  (Read 223442 times)
Mike
Professional lighting engineer

This Image Brought to You by: McCann Lighting Co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2805 on: May 12, 2017, 08:39:56 PM »

Well I just got a 4ft 2-lamp slimline strip light today! $20 off Craigslist with the lamps! It's an old Day-O-Lite model (made right in Warwick, RI!) with a replacement Advance ballast from the 90s (originally Universal ballast per the labeling on the original wiring). Best part was that it was a 10 minute drive from my house to pick it up! The guy really took care of it when he removed it too. Not a scratch on it! I just cleaned it with some wet paper towels and it came clean as new!
Report to moderator   Logged

GEsoftwhite100watts
Lighting enthusiast

Old florescents forever!

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2017, 11:46:21 AM »

Sweet find, Mike!  Got lamps yet? 

Lighting, vintage electrical, tube radios, old stereos, wooden boats, excavators, glass insulators, and many others.
Mike
Professional lighting engineer

This Image Brought to You by: McCann Lighting Co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2017, 02:00:14 PM »

Thanks! It came with Sylvania Ecologic cool white lamps with low hours and I have a pair of NOS GE cool white slimline lamps (that I don't want to use). Other than that I have no slimline lamps at all. Maybe sometime I'll go back up to Webster Electric and get some 4ft slimline lamps and maybe some 4ft HO lamps too while I'm at it (and some good ol' F40T12s!). Nothing fancy though. Just either classic CW, classic Daylight, or SP35. Maybe some 5000K. And I'll probably get more mogul base 100W MVs "just because" lol. Not for awhile though. I've spend enough money for now. $200 per visit (or $400 total). A once in a lifetime experience though, with all those light bulbs! Shocked Grin

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length