The Site > Ideas or Reports about the Site

Some ideas for the gallery

(1/1)

rapidstart_12:
As I have been using the gallery here, I have accumulated a few ideas to improve the gallery. Here are my thoughts:

- A link back to the forum from the gallery. There have been numerous times when I have wanted to access the forum page from the gallery page, but there is no true link back. Other than loading the forum page manually, the only ways to get back at the moment are to log out and log back in again or to click the 'My Profile' button. A simple button at the top of the page to go back to the forum's home page would be great, but maybe the two could even be integrated into one webpage, similar to Lighting-Gallery.

- Larger character limit for the descriptions of images. At the moment, the maximum number of characters you can type into the description for an image is 512 characters, which I consistently find too short for the amount of information I want to include. I end up having to leave some stuff out or shorten some sentences, which is not ideal. An increase in the character limit (say, 1024 characters instead of 512) would be fantastic.

- Local time for the gallery. The gallery is set to a certain time zone with no way to change it as far as I can tell. This is not a huge deal, but slightly bothersome, so adding a way to change the gallery time zone would be amazing.

I would highly appreciate it if these ideas could be implemented in the gallery. They would certainly improve the Gallery of Lights for the better. Thanks for considering!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version