Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/disaster/public_html/sanriovillage.com/galleryoflights/mb/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Time-delay thermal photocell shutting off in the DARK?
HOME      GALLERY      HELP      SEARCH FORUM      LOGIN      REGISTER     
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 05:56:29 AM

+  Gallery of Lights
|-+  Lanterns/Fixtures
| |-+  Modern
| | |-+  Time-delay thermal photocell shutting off in the DARK?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Time-delay thermal photocell shutting off in the DARK?  (Read 540 times)
GEsoftwhite100watts
Lighting enthusiast

Old florescents forever!

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2018, 03:36:17 AM »

Yep...is this an actual failure mode?

Have a circa '93 Fisher-Pierce photocell that is doing this; it turns the light off after the 2 minutes (light was on a switch), even in the dark!  It used to be a very insensitive PC so I highly, highly, highly doubt it was "seeing its own light", plus it didn't seem to cycle on and off. 

I tried a new bulb, so I know it wasn't a cycling bulb either...

Thoughts? 
Report to moderator   Logged

Lighting, vintage electrical, tube radios, old stereos, wooden boats, excavators, glass insulators, and many others.
Mike
Professional lighting engineer

This Image Brought to You by: McCann Lighting Co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:50:55 PM »

I had a Fisher Pierce so this too and knew of a light near me that did that. Don't know how to fix it. It's just junk now unfortunately. You could rip the guts out and connect the two smaller prongs together to make a shorting cap.

lightingfan8902

My favorite lamp. High Pressure Sodium.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »

Could be a defected circuit board, or the photoeye (photoresistor) isn't the right resistance value for use, is my guess.

HPS lamps are my favorite! High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length