HOME      GALLERY      HELP      SEARCH FORUM      LOGIN      REGISTER     
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 04:13:57 AM

+  Gallery of Lights
|-+  Lanterns/Fixtures
| |-+  News about Lanterns/Fixtures
| | |-+  GE discontinues metal halide fixtures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GE discontinues metal halide fixtures  (Read 400 times)
chapman84

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:12:54 PM »

I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but as of January 1, 2017, GE no longer offers metal halide as an option for any of their HID fixtures.
Report to moderator   Logged
Mike
Professional lighting engineer

This Image Brought to You by: McCann Lighting Co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »

Actually, I just heard that they will soon be discontinuing ALL HID fixtures sometime this year. Shocked The end of an era for sure. Cooper might be doing the same thing! Sad

joe_347V
Administrator
Professional lighting engineer

Dat LPS...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »

Yeah talk about the end of an era. At least those with existing HID installs still have to option to reballast lights if any fail.

Brought to you by 347V Electric Ltd.

Tired of orange lights? Our all new Ceram-Arc Ceramic Metal Halide lamps are the solution. They even use up to a 1/3 less energy than our Orange 40™ lamps and the competing Seagull Vapour lamps.

Warning: Do not fold, spindle, and/or mutilate post(s).
chapman84

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »

Wow, even the M-250R2 and M-400? I always thought those were strong sellers. I understand why they got rid of the M-400R2 and M-400A2. They haven't been strong sellers since the late 90's when they introduced M-400 and M-400A and as a result, sales plummeted. I've never seen slow selling products last for more than a decade. I'm actually surprised they didn't discontinue them sooner despite the poor sales of those fixtures, but I'm surprised that they're killing off all of their HID products. It's a shame that we don't have as many lighting options as we used to. I sure hope Cooper doesn't do the same thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length