Unrelated Stuff > Forum Games

Carrying Weird Things Around

(1/4) > >>

joe_347V:
Somewhat inspired by this comment thread anyone here carried around any weird things in public?

I'll start:

GE Red traffic light LED
GE Pedestrian Signal LED module
Two Revere Urbanlites (aka Peaheads)
A couple of EXIT signs
A traffic light controller, the full size one you usually see in the cabinet
A couple of 4' shoplights (thankfull not both at once)
Couple of 2' fluorescent fixtures
Desktop PC
17" Computer monitor

Mike:
Would that F40 preheater I traded with you count as one of those 4ft shoplights? lol I had stuck it in a trash bag to protect the paint, which probably made it look even weirder/more suspicious lol.

I've carried those Simplex school clocks around my school before. I've also carried traffic signs around the neighboorhood after snow storms (the plows pack the snow against the street corners, where the stop sign poles are lol). I don't think I've ever really carried lights around in public though, except to buy them from the store, which wouldn't be unusual.

GEsoftwhite100watts:
I've carried FMs of fixtures through public places. Even & footers!

joe_347V:
I guess that makes it three 4' shoplight/reflector type fixtures then.

The first one was a 4' single lamp F40 shoplight I found in the scrap metal pile at my old high school and carried home with the matching 2' fixture.

The second one is the F40 preheater I got from my trade with Mike. Yeah it was kinda odd carrying that thing around and especially on the bus lol.

The third one is a 4' T8 shoplight type fixture I picked up at Restore and brought to school to light up a storage closet now turned office in my school's workshop.

Mike:
Hmm I guess it might not be so strange after all if I walk around campus with a stepladder and a case of 72W halogen bulbs? lol

I might actually go through with the plan to relamp ALL the bathroom fresnels (well, the men's bathroom fresnels. I'm not brave enough to sneak into the women's rooms, even when the building is mostly empty lol). A case of 16 72W halogens (100W=) is only $20 from Lowe's. That covers all but one of the fixtures. I'll just stick a 13W CFL I have in that last fixture lol.

BTW, Joe, tonight I got the other Lehrolite shoplight from my aunt! It also has a broken socket. The ballast looks like its in good shape like yours (same thing, Ad-Lite) but looks may be deceiving. When it was in use it only lit one lamp (with new lamps) but one of the starters might have been bad. We'll find out after I test it I guess... My Lehrolite label is in much worse shape though; not much of it left.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version