Lanterns/Fixtures > Vintage

Compatible refractor for Westinghouse OV-15?

(1/1)

Defender92:
Hello! New member here with a question.

I recently obtained a Westinghouse OV-15 from eBay. Of course the refractor shattered during shipping! Its a shame because it appeared to be the original with the Westinghouse logo.

My question is, what replacement refractors are compatible? There doesn't seem to be much info on the web about this. Here are some candidates I've discovered during my research... can anyone confirm one of these will fit?

- Endural 4215
- American Electric RK115/315 R2/R3 DG

It seems eBay has been the only source for glass and they're about in the $50 range (what I paid for the OV-15). What are the odds I could purchase / acquire a refractor from the municipal lighting department??

Thanks in advance! Everyone here seems very knowledgeable!

joe_347V:
Welcome to Gallery of Lights!

The majority of the small size cobraheads including the OV-15 use the same refractor shape so any of the two refractor models you listed will fit!

Unfortunately eBay is the best place to find replacement refractors for collectors but some municipal lighting departments and streetlighting contractors might be willing to sell or give you a refractor.

Defender92:
Thank you joe_347V. That's good news! Once (or if) UPS approves the claim I will purchase one of these refractors.

I work afternoons in the city of Detroit. Late at night when I drive home I often see the lighting crews replacing the old street lights with new LED ones. As another option, I'll have to approach them and ask about obtaining a replacement refractor. These guys work quick. I see very few non-LED left on my route home and anywhere else I wonder around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version