Lanterns/Fixtures > Vintage

Beverly Hills Pick

(1/1)

Nevada Willis:
I met a lady whose husband many years ago saved a bunch of vintage series street lights from the scrap dumpster.  Some of them are a little unusual.  She's thinking about selling them so I said I'd help her identify them and get the info out to the other collectors.  Many pieces look like WW-II vintage as they have porcelain bodies but have NEMA latch-on adapters.

A few are like this one, similar to GE's Form 72. The binding posts are interesting and the reflector has kind of a Westinghouse look to it.  Anyone recognize it?

Here's another style although these binding posts look more like typical Line Material.  I'd like to identify this one also.

Cool art deco latch.  This fixture has a Line Material look to it but I've never seen art deco latches on LM gear.

Another view of just a few of the fixtures.

Any ideas, gang?  Comments encouraged.

Also (drum roll please) she may have a box of ceramic Jones sockets packed away somewhere.

Mike:
Wow! Very unique construction! That latch looks familiar... Was it used on the GE clamshells? Or maybe a Revere or something? I have no idea. Hopefully someone else has a better idea as to who made these.

Solanaceae:
I hope you can save these beauties, including the Jones lampholders. :)
Also, you have a great collection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version