Questions On The Code > General Discussions on Code

Plans for my new workshop

(1/1)

NiMo:
My wife and I have begun planning to buy a house next spring.  When we get settled in, one thing that I'm going to do is start work on my new workshop. Since I will own the property, I won't have to worry about any temporary setup.  So, what's going to happen?

First, I'm going to install a 4 breaker subpanel for the workshop.  One circuit for the plugs, one for lighting, and two for the lighting display (1 for the cobrahead arm and the other for everything else).

Second, from the subpanel, I'm going to run 1/2" EMT conduit both direct to the luminaire arm with a switch tied to it and to a series of 4X4 steel boxes with a switch tied to an outlet. These outlets will be used to power my other fixtures with room to add on later. Whaddaythank??

Mike:
sounds like you have a well thought out plan and know exactly waht you want to do. Go for it! and please post pics when you do. ;) :)

NiMo:

--- Quote from: Mike on September 05, 2013, 07:21:29 PM ---sounds like you have a well thought out plan and know exactly waht you want to do. Go for it! and please post pics when you do. ;) :)

--- End quote ---
I'm constantly thinking and revising my plans.  I'm now thinking of using 6/4 Aluminum metalclad cable to the subpanel, and 12/3 MC from the subpanel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version