Lamps > Vintage

ID these backlight lamps?

(1/5) > >>

Rick M.:
Hey guys,

I have this neat old Zenith Circle of Sound clock radio from the mid-70s. It still works well; the radio is very strong and it sounds GREAT for a clock radio. 8) The mechanical clock part even works. However, one of the backlights for the radio dial burnt out recently. The lamp does seem to be replaceable, but I have no idea what kind it is. It's basically a tiny little incandescent bulb with a rubber holder/socket. I haven't tried removing the lamp yet; not sure if it just slides out or if wires will need to be spliced. I can always solder in a new lamp if necessary.

Any ideas on what kind of lamps these are? Here's some pics if they help:

Pic of clock radio assembled for reference:

Lit up (all backlights were working at the time this pic was taken):

With cover removed and radio dial opened:

Lamps:

Any ideas? Please let me know what kind these are so I can find a replacement lamp to get the dial fully lit again! 8) Thanks in advance.

joe_347V:
Cool clock radio, interesting clock display too.

Anyway, I would assume the bulb would just pull out the rubber holder like the bulbs behind car dashboards. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the same type of bulbs too but in a different voltage.

If you can pull them out there should be a number stamped on the bulb.

Mike:
very nice clock! yeah the model number is usually inked on the base or near it. hope you get it working!

Rick M.:
Thanks for the input guys! I'll try pulling the bulb out and see if there's a part number on it.

Mike:
If you can't see a part number, try using a magnifying glass with a fluorescent black light. Sometimes if the etch is faded away you can still see it under a BLB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version