Lanterns/Fixtures > News about Lanterns/Fixtures

American Electric 327 Series metal halide version discontinued

<< < (2/3) > >>

ZarlogH46:

--- Quote from: chapman84 on April 15, 2017, 08:31:14 AM ---As of April 2017, American Electric no longer offers a metal halide version for their largest cobrahead, the American Electric 327 Series. Now it's only available in 1000 watt high pressure sodium.

--- End quote ---
Oh no!  :( I was really hoping to order one once I got a job and my own place. I really hope they don't follow GE and discontinue metal halide on all of their lights. If that happens, the only company that will still make metal halide cobraheads is Howard Lighting.

Mike:
I looked on their site and they no longer offer MH for their Powerpad lights. Only the Series 115 and 125 (drop lens and FCO) for street lights. They also discontinued their PSMH NEMA heads and NEMA bracket fixtures.

ZarlogH46:

--- Quote from: Mike on April 15, 2017, 10:20:09 PM ---I looked on their site and they no longer offer MH for their Powerpad lights. Only the Series 115 and 125 (drop lens and FCO) for street lights. They also discontinued their PSMH NEMA heads and NEMA bracket fixtures.

--- End quote ---
I noticed the discontinuation of MH nema heads, but not the PowerPad series. Ugh this is worse than I thought. They even discontinued it on the Durastar!  :(

Mike:
Yep so GE offers no more PSMH, Cooper only offers PSMH in 250W and 400W, and AEL only offers it in the 115 and 125.

ZarlogH46:
To rub it in even more, if you want a white light that is going to be very bright your pretty much screwed since AEL's highest wattage LED fixture is 30,000 lumens (a bit brighter than a 250w HPS) compared to 110,000 lumens from a 1kw metal halide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version