Lanterns/Fixtures > Videos

What should we do with T8 fluorescent tubes :D

<< < (2/3) > >>

dor123:
T8s (except 15W 30W and 50W) have higher ignition voltage then T12, because they have different buffer gas: krypton. They have also an addition of argon to lower their starting voltage, but it is still higher, then T12s that uses pure argon.
So they can't be operated on existing rapidstarts for T12s, but they can be operated on existing switch start/preheat magnetic ballasts.
T8s have the same lifetime as the T12s but have less wattage then T12.
However modern fluorescent lamps have thicker electrodes, so lamp EOL commonly results in a dead glow starter with may results in infinity preheating or 50hz flickering, so the glow starter should be replaced with the lamp.

gailgrove:
I can't see the first two videos, they are marked private, and how exactly is throwing a lamp against a brick wall in any way helpful ???  :-\

joe_347V:
I don't like the electronic instant start ballasts that T8s are often paired with rather then the lamps themselves. I would like them much more if they were ran on T8 magnetic rapid start ballasts, preheat ballasts or to a lesser extent even the programmed start ballasts.

dor123:

--- Quote from: gailgrove on January 31, 2011, 12:39:00 PM ---I can't see the first two videos, they are marked private, and how exactly is throwing a lamp against a brick wall in any way helpful ???  :-\

--- End quote ---
@gailgrove: You are right. When i trying to enter the two first videos, Youtube forces me to sign in.

gailgrove:
I did sign in but it still didn't work :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version