Lanterns/Fixtures > Modern

Introducing Vince Electric on Gallery of Lights!

<< < (2/3) > >>

A_lights:
I think we could call the  MV ballasts:, "HID plus life ballasts" or something,"for use with the 50,000HRS+ HID system" "backed by the 10+ year warranty system"

Medved:

--- Quote from: A_lights on January 01, 2010, 07:34:07 PM ---I think we could call the  MV ballasts:, "HID plus life ballasts" or something,"for use with the 50,000HRS+ HID system" "backed by the 10+ year warranty system"

--- End quote ---

I would like to see high pressure merc having more then 70% of it's initial output after 50000hours... To not overrate merc's life - most of them are not usable after 3 years (12000 hours) due to lumen depression. The fact, then they still emit some light does not mean they are working light source. When the installation does not meet it's specification, it is NOT WORKING, regardless of cycling, fully dead or only dimmed out fixtures, all three are equally dangerous.

A_lights:

--- Quote from: Medved on January 03, 2010, 04:59:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: A_lights on January 01, 2010, 07:34:07 PM ---I think we could call the  MV ballasts:, "HID plus life ballasts" or something,"for use with the 50,000HRS+ HID system" "backed by the 10+ year warranty system"

--- End quote ---

I would like to see high pressure merc having more then 70% of it's initial output after 50000hours... To not overrate merc's life - most of them are not usable after 3 years (12000 hours) due to lumen depression. The fact, then they still emit some light does not mean they are working light source. When the installation does not meet it's specification, it is NOT WORKING, regardless of cycling, fully dead or only dimmed out fixtures, all three are equally dangerous.

--- End quote ---
Lumen depreciation would not be a problem with the lifeguard features, until 60,000 Hrs or so. Then the ballast could be designed to shut off.

Vince:
It's pretty hard to design a mercury ballast that would shut off at end of life because the voltage in a mercury lamp doesn't rise up too much throught its life.

FGS:
A timer on it mebbe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version