Lanterns/Fixtures > Vintage

Streetlights in Ontario...Back in the Day.

(1/13) > >>

joe_347V:
Here's a some links to a some sites and a youtube video showing how the streetlights looked in the Toronto area before the HPS refit in the early 90s.

1. Vintage King's Highways,  a site showing highway and street scenes of mostly the Toronto area sorted by year, you can see some old clamshells on the QEW page, and old Powerlites on the 401 page. The other pages have some neat stuff too. Link

2. The King's Highway.ca, another highway site, this one also has some pics of old lumes too, this one has more general Ontario pics than the first one. Link

3. Youtube video of Hurontario Street in the late 80s, the video is a bit low res but it's pretty neat since it shows a drive through of Hurontario St. in Mississauga back when MV lights were still in use. If you watch the entire video you'll see some dayburners, clamshells, a set or green traffic signals and I think some OV 25 flatties too. Part 1|Part 2

4. The Toronto Archives, has lots of old pics of Toronto but you really need to dig to sort though the large number of pics on this site.  Search Link (Check scanned photos only for easier searching)

5. The Niagara Fall Archives, mostly pics from the Niagara and St. Catherines area though, you have to do some searching like with the Toronto Archives though. Search Link

gailgrove:
Sometimes I wish I was born in the 70's :MV: :P

joe_347V:
Here's a good night pic:

So many  :MV: lamps complete with Powerlite Sign Floods.  ;D

QEW and Dorchester Rd. May 1976

joe_347V:
Here's another interesting pic, check out that arm the gumball in the background is mounted on. :o

Mike:
The arm that the gumball is mounted on looks liek the ones Niall has posted with the R37s on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version