Lanterns/Fixtures > News about Lanterns/Fixtures

Canada soon adopting European "Green running man" exit sign? Click to read more!

(1/5) > >>

Vince:
I recently read in this article that the Canadian Building Code has the intention to phase out the classic red "EXIT/SORTIE" exit sign for new constructions in favour of the European (not to say International) "Green running man" exit sign, now found in most EU countries, along with several other places in the world.

What do you think of that phase out? Should we keep the gool ol' exit sign?

Medved:
The good exit sign is the one, that is easy recognized by most of the people in the middle of panic, so whatever look unusually is a bad one...

Jace the Gull:
It isn't always about looks....sometimes safety is #1....i hope the man running doesn't look too plain though ;-) I do not know of the USA doing same thing.

Do you find "EXIT" in your area Vince or is that only in the English side of Canada?

joe_347V:

--- Quote from: GullWhiz on January 16, 2011, 09:38:04 PM ---It isn't always about looks....sometimes safety is #1....i hope the man running doesn't look too plain though ;-) I do not know of the USA doing same thing.

Do you find "EXIT" in your area Vince or is that only in the English side of Canada?

--- End quote ---

I saw a single "EXIT" sign before in Montreal before which is also in Quebec but closer to Ontario than where Vince is.

The running man seems a bit too plain too me but it looks like it would look better if it was a running man with red or green EXIT/SORTIE combo.

I think that I might recognize the old exit sign more in a emergency though because I'm used to following the red EXIT more than the running man.

Vince:

--- Quote from: GullWhiz on January 16, 2011, 09:38:04 PM ---It isn't always about looks....sometimes safety is #1....i hope the man running doesn't look too plain though ;-) I do not know of the USA doing same thing.

--- End quote ---

Last weekend I saw a triangle-shaped exit sign with EXIT on it! But also in my school there are two modern exit signs with "EXIT" on them. Sometime this week I'll bring my camera to school to take a couple of pics, and if I can I'll get to those two and pic them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version