Obtaining Fixtures > Wanted Requests

Has anyone gotten a signal or fixture through a pawnshop?

(1/6) > >>

Model25FanForever:
I want to get a fixture at a pawnshop in Brampton. Is there a potential of having traffic equipment or roadway lighting in a pawnshop? Im willing to go to a pawnshop that could have them.  ??? :)

Mike:
Yeah traffic signals could be at a pawnshop but be aware that they're a little more money than you might think. You can probably get a signal in good shape for 100 bucks. Street lights i don't think they'd have at a pawnshop. I think for btoth though, ebay is the best bet.

Here are some lights that you might like:
this one is a black OVZ restored and beign sold by George who's a member here.

a 400W MH OVX. You can run MV lamps on this too, which is cool.

and a T&B 313

Model25FanForever:
Thanks Mike. Well now I have an idea on prices and where to get them.  :P

joe_347V:
Try Busters at Queen/410. (Yes their site looks like they won't have anything but they seem to have a bunch of HID stuff the last time I was there) They had a GE HMAA highmast fixture there and some highbay parts there for sale. The highmast (347v? 750w HPS) was selling for $75 but it might be gone since the display disappeared. They did mention they had six so it won't hurt to ask. Make sure the fixture is for 120v though or you'd have to replace the ballast.

The highbay parts were around $25-50 and most were tri-tap (120/277/347v) 400w MH.  

Other places you might find a signal or a streetlight for sale include: antique shops (I had the best luck in Waterloo area and Hamilton area), St Lawrence Market (Toronto, Sunday Market only), Kijiji/Craigslist (search traffic light/stoplight/stop light/street light/streetlight/streetlamp in buy & sell) and eBay. Restore does occasionally have HID lights for sale but I haven't seen a streetlight there yet.

Expect to pay $50 and up for a streetlight and $75 and up for a traffic light. If you want the traffic light to run like it did on the street you;ll also need to buy a sequencer for it. There's pretty nice model for sale on eBay usually for $35+$10 shipping.

Model25FanForever:
I was thinking of Busters. It could be a possibility I only saw tons of guitars there before and music equipment last time I was ever there. Il be sure to check though. Sequencers only cost $35-45. Thats pretty cheap  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version