Lamps > Vintage

ID these backlight lamps?

<< < (2/5) > >>

joe_347V:
Yeah, that will also help on some faded labels, name plates, and fluorescent lamp etches.

Rick M.:
Thanks for the suggestion guys! :) I do have a BLB tube for one of my undercabinet fluorescent fixtures, so I'll definitely put the Zenith's bulb under that if I can't make out the model number.

Rick M.:
Well, I tried pulling the bulb out but it wouldn't budge...I can't see the bulb's base directly, but the rubbery holder appears to be attached to the bulb itself. The rubber won't move either...the top half of the rubber (what can be seen in the pic) appears to be a small rubber ring, and the bottom part (underneath the reflector that the bulbs are in) appears to be something that was sprayed or brushed on...it's a tar-like material.

Any other ideas? I may have to scrape off the tar to get the bulb out.

Rick M.:
I was able to slide the bulb out! Turns out the rubber things were just holders after all. I had to splice the wires since the bulb was wired directly to the circuit (no socket), but it's no big deal since I still have enough wire to work with. I measured the bulb's voltage to be roughly 15.2 volts. I went on eBay and bought a 16 volt bulb of the same size (I went with a 16 volt bulb over a 15 volt one just to be safe). I'll show you the end result once I get the replacement bulb and install it!

I also bought an LED strip light to light the clock part. The clock has an internal neon NE-2 bulb, but that also burnt out recently. I can't get to the neon bulb without ripping the paper scrolls that the clock digits are on, so I opted to add something external. I'll show you pictures of that too once it's done. 8)

Mike:
Hey Rick, how come all your pics are that gray image now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version