Lamps > News about Lamps

Legal incandescents

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mike:
ahhh so that rules out just about every fixture in my house lol. The only base down fixtures in my house are the chandelier over the stairs and the four outdoor lights. The bedrooms have 45 degree base up lamps, the kitchen and dinging room use base up lamps, and the hallway, bathrooms, and basement use horizontal lamps.

How come signal lamps can't be used base up? Is the filament too close to the base or something?

joe_347V:
That and I think they burn hotter compared to regular bulbs too.

Model25FanForever:
Yeah I saw it on the news today about the 75-100w Incandescent bulb ban/phase out. My house is 70% CFL. My 2 kitchen lights are Incandescent, the bedrooms are Incandescent, and our living room has 2 LED fixtures. If they are gonna phase them out, the CFL's and LED's should become cheaper

Mike:
i don't think CFLs will become any cheaper. they've held at the same price for a few years now. LEDs are slowly coming down though which is good.

joe_347V:
Well, at least here in Canada 40w and 60w bulbs are still legal for another year or so. 100w and 75w bulbs are banned and it seems stocks will probably dry up in the first couple of weeks so grab some 100w bulbs if you still want to use them.

Yeah. name brand CFLs are still the same price but I've seen off brand ones for cheap before. My house is mostly CFL but I've been slowly replacing them with LED as they fail especially the ones in washrooms.

Over here the power companies have a $5 off coupon for LEDs which helps a bit and makes buying multipacks a bad idea since if you buy single packs they take 5 off each bulb while if you buy a multipack they take five off the entire pack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version