Lanterns/Fixtures > Traffic Lights

Any Incandescent Signals Left?

<< < (3/4) > >>

M30:
In New York City, a lot of incandescent amber signal indications still remain; however, they are dwindling.

zenith:
Just drove all over Oklahoma recently and most of theirs are still incandescent...of course it also looks like their infrastructure in general has been neglected over the last few years.

joe_347V:
Alliston, ON is still incandescent from my last trip there a couple of weeks ago. It looks like they stopped relamping them as more LED spot replacement inserts have popped between then and the last time I was there. slightly off topic I also found out the flashing advance green in Cookstown got replaced with a conventional green arrow advance.

I was surprised to find a pair of signals near Queens Park in downtown Toronto that still had incandescent amber lights last week, I guess the city forgot about them when they replaced all the remaining incandescent ambers downtown with LEDs.

Kelvin3157:
There's still a lot of Ambers in Toronto that still exist. There's some along the bike path intersections in North York and Scarborough, and some along the Westway.

Some of intersections don't have the reflective backplates installed unlike the other intersections around it that has newer LEDs and backplates.

joe_347V:
Hmm thats's a lot more incandescent ambers left than I thought. North York used to have a ton of incandescent ambers but they either replaced (CGE) or converted to LED (Fortran/Econolite) them in 2016ish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version