The Site > General videos

Broken pole

<< < (5/5)

Model25FanForever:
The residential streets here are still using HPS 95% of the time but they are showing up in higher numbers and more frequently now. LED's are going to kill off the rest of the residential shoebox's and twistpaks here. Not to mention the only underbraced arms here are already being killed off too by the Cooper NVN's. There were a 2 of them I know of that were replaced by new tapered e arm 115's. It was a R37 and the other was a OV-15 :(

joe_347V:
Well, they said online that they're multiple lumes but I think in reality these outnumber the other brands.

Fortunately a street in my neighbourhood was used a a test bed for LED so there's three different kinds of lumes in use there. (Philips, Cooper OVZ, and LRL lights) Well at least I'm glad that most of them are made in Canada though.

And what you said about the T8 changeout thing was so true, I know a supermarket that stayed T12 slimline for the longest time. The lights always had bad maintenance (dead lamps, dead ballasts) in the last two years leading up to the T5 conversion.

If anything, I hope I can acquire the OV-15 that's in front of my house for my collection. My house was built in 1982 so that's probably one of the last OV-15s made by Westinghouse. A newer section of my street, built in 1985 still used OV-15s but they were the Crouse Hinds ones. 

lite_lover:
Hey Joe,hopefully you will be able to get the OV-15!

joe_347V:
Thanks Darren!, hopefully I will. They're changing out more streets but mine is still HPS for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version