Lamps > Modern

DX mercury vapor— colour?

(1/2) > >>

bryantm3:
i've heard the coated DX mercury vapour lamps described as being slightly yellow— there are these lights that MARTA (atlanta subway) set up around highway 400 at the north springs station. they look white, but they don't look like metal halide lamps. i suppose they are a little bit yellow but mostly they have a, well i don't know how to describe it— they have a really bright bluish glow, but the lamps are yellowish. i know that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. maybe it's ultraviolet light i'm describing. the NEMA stickers on all of them are yellow, so they appear to be incorrect as yellow is high pressure sodium, and clearly these are not HPS.

this is them during the day, i pulled it off another website:

--- Code: ---http://www.southeastroads.com/georgia001/us-019_ga-400_sb_exit_005c_01.jpg
--- End code ---

anybody have a clue what these are?

rjluna2:
Hello, I take that you are from the Atlanta Metropolian area.  They have recently replaced with LEDs at the ramp area and the bus stop area.  The North Spring Station was first built in 2000 with the HPS at the ramp and the clear MV at the bus stop area.  How I missed the clear MV at the bus station :(

Mike:
Your pic isn't showing up...

Vince:
It didn't for me at first, but now it does LOL.

bryantm3:

--- Quote from: rjluna2 on June 27, 2012, 12:11:27 PM ---Hello, I take that you are from the Atlanta Metropolian area.  They have recently replaced with LEDs at the ramp area and the bus stop area.  The North Spring Station was first built in 2000 with the HPS at the ramp and the clear MV at the bus stop area.  How I missed the clear MV at the bus station :(

--- End quote ---

these are definitely not LEDs. take a look at them when you drive by at night again. they're either MH or coated MV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version