Questions On The Code > Construction Specifics

Can you spot the violation??

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jace the Gull:
Sean...I wouldn't have the plugs like that.......

Jace the Gull:

--- Quote from: Form109 on February 19, 2010, 12:26:36 AM ---Well....i see a Wall Outlet Sitting on the Ground....with Power going into it...and out to the Ballast...
Thats supposed to be in the Wall!

am i right?

--- End quote ---

More like a typical 120 volt outlet should not be used for anything other than a source for 120 volt  15 amp 60 hz....not a output as a ballast light source!  Plus it isn't enclosed....meaning more likely to get a shock! Plus being on a wooden board...hmmmmm........

Form109:
Voltage isnt usually Consistently 120...does it not Fluctuate?

Jace the Gull:
Oh yeah usually they are 110-130 volts....roughly....but it is MADE for the mains....imagine someone accidentally plugs a computer into the HPS powered outlet?

rjluna2:

--- Quote from: GullWhiz on February 20, 2010, 02:14:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Form109 on February 19, 2010, 12:26:36 AM ---Well....i see a Wall Outlet Sitting on the Ground....with Power going into it...and out to the Ballast...
Thats supposed to be in the Wall!

am i right?

--- End quote ---

More like a typical 120 volt outlet should not be used for anything other than a source for 120 volt  15 amp 60 hz....not a output as a ballast light source!  Plus it isn't enclosed....meaning more likely to get a shock! Plus being on a wooden board...hmmmmm........

--- End quote ---

You got the exposed outlet alright, Jace.  It was a temporary replacement that the original female NEMA plug got broken.

The purpose that I made this way that I can always interchange with other fixtures similer with the 100W Halide bulb ballast that I posted at the Lighting Gallery....

As for the wood part, that was makeshift that I wanted to use that ballast with capacitor together wherever that I needed to use from one room to another...  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version