Lanterns/Fixtures > News about Lanterns/Fixtures

Interesting article....

<< < (2/4) > >>

Medved:
he question is, if there are no better way to spend tax money, then on lighting area, where actually nobody use it at the time. But the cell phone idea is crazy, i think grid of motion (both people as well as vehicle) sensors and some extrapolating software can do the job better, i guess even for cheaper and nobody would even notice the difference towards really lighting all night everywhere.
Of course, these systems require efficient lighting technology with long cycle life, so it would be good-bye for HID...

Mike:
On most interstates here in Rhode Island, the streetlights are on releys set to turn on at dusk, then go off at 2:00am, and then turn back on at 5am and shut off again at dawn. Good way to save money, but very confusing..............................

Medved:
Yes, but when somebody want to go somewhere between 2 and 5, he would be in darkness...

SeanB~1:
Not much traffic between 2 and 5 AM, and you should have a car that is roadworthy, ie with working lights ( both lamps as well as high and low beam) so that you can see clearly.  a saving of around 25% on average in light running costs, but with a small penalty in increased switch on cycles, probably balances out cheaper.

Mike:
Most people don't go on those interstates affected during those hours. The lights on I-95 Won't get shut of because that interstate has traffic day and night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version