Lamps > Modern

Found a HID ballast? Take a look here!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Medved:

--- Quote from: TiCoune66 on January 06, 2010, 06:50:17 PM ---It's actually like standard 100W mercury lamps (H38) ans PAR38 100W mercury vapor spotlights (H44 I think), they are electrically the same, but somehow the ANSI gave them their own separate ballast.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't the H38 deliver 0.95A (originally for 100W) and H44 1.15A (for 125W)?

Vince:
I don't know the ANSI code for the PAR38 mercury lamp (I thought it was H44), but those are electrically similar to any 100W mercury lamp.

Medved:
I thought this ANSI coding system describe only electrical parameters of the ballast<->lamp interface (current vs voltage characteristics, ignition pulse voltage and energy,...), not any bulb shape or so...

It does not mean, then some 100W MV could not be designed for 1.15A arc current, so need H44 ballast (in the PAR assembly this would allow shorter and thicker arc, so more efficient optic, but i don't know the exact spec of the MV 100W PAR you mentioned).

A_lights:
so would it be okay to use a westy lifeguard that specifies H4,H38,and H44 on a 100w MH ballast wtithout ignitor?  What is the H4 ballast? I think it could be a 80 or 90W ballast.

Medved:
If it specify H38, then yes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version