Lanterns/Fixtures > Traffic Lights

Traffic Signal Light Sources

(1/4) > >>

joe_347V:

--- Quote from: streetlight98 on November 04, 2011, 08:18:06 PM ---Yes. Flash lights, traffic lights, landscape lights, indicators, night lighting, etc are example of ideal applications for LED. With the current technoledgy of LEDs, they work best in applications where they're not being used to illuminate an area. (Street lighting is a good example for a poor application). LEDs are excellent for battery powered lights, traffic lights, indicators, and low voltage landscape lights because they use far less energey then the incandescents.

--- End quote ---

I'm not a fan of LED traffic lights, the colours are sometimes inconsistent even within the same brand.

Mike:
Sort of sounds like probe metal halide. I do notice some are bluish. I think the green light should be green. :8)

joe_347V:
Bluish crosswalk lights too. :8) They also vary in brightness too some are too dim and some blind you at night, I guess that's why my lights are still incandescent. :D

Mike:
I use 60w lamps in my signal and they're plenty bright. My signal will always remain incandecent. ;D Incandescent is more intersting than LED.

joe_347V:
I use wattages close to what the ones on the street would use, and incandescent is more interesting, I've yet to see a LED signal that emulates the fade out correctly. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version