Lanterns/Fixtures > Traffic Lights

Painting Traffic Signals

(1/5) > >>

basilicon89:

--- Quote from: streetlight98 on October 26, 2011, 05:21:21 PM ---Forrest Green Incandescent PEEK signal. That's it for me. Man, sanding off the enamel is a pain!!! I might just sand the rough spits and just paint over the rest.....

--- End quote ---

The original powdercoat is baked on in an oven. Its nearly impossible to clean it completely off. You can do what you said...clean up the rough spots and paint over OR get some chemical paint strippers.

Or...if money isn't tight sandblast it.

Mike:
I'm 13 so I don't have the money for a sandblaster lol. I actually found chipping off the paint with a flathead screwdriver did much better and got right down to the bare aluminum. The inside I can just paint right over as it's very smooth and even. The outside is what i need to smooth out before i apply the new black paint. @ Nick; what exact paint did you use on your california green ped signal?

basilicon89:

--- Quote from: streetlight98 on October 26, 2011, 08:55:19 PM ---I'm 13 so I don't have the money for a sandblaster lol. I actually found chipping off the paint with a flathead screwdriver did much better and got right down to the bare aluminum. The inside I can just paint right over as it's very smooth and even. The outside is what i need to smooth out before i apply the new black paint. @ Nick; what exact paint did you use on your california green ped signal?

--- End quote ---

Well then cross that off the list.

Paint color was Rustoleum Gloss Black high performance enamel

Mike:
OK Thanks. :)

joe_347V:
I still haven't decided whetever I'm completly repainting my two GE signals or just touchup the under side of the visors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version